Skip to main content

Check out givezooks! - online fundraising for nonprofits and grassroots campaigns

I want you to take a look at: givezooks! - online fundraising for nonprofits and grassroots campaigns 





Tehiyah Board President Adam Mizock writes:

Marathon for Tehiyah


My goal is to run the California International Marathon on December 5, 2010 in Sacramento and to raise $10,000 for Tehiyah Day School. I hope to encourage friends, family and the East Bay community to join me in giving to Tehiyah.

Tehiyah has enriched my family's life through its education of our children and its impact on our community. I am currently in my fifth year as President of Tehiyah's Board of Trustees. I have been inspired by the way our students and graduates take the Tehiyah curriculum to heart as they engage in lifelong learning (l'midah), social justice and giving to those in need (tzedakah) and making the world a better place (tikkun olam). Tehiyah's curriculum is brought to life by our students and teachers through interactive experiential learning. This year I decided to stretch my own experience and endurance by aiming to run a marathon for the first time. Until this summer, I had never run more than six miles. But, with Tehiyah's mission in mind, I've been pushing myself to run farther and farther.

I have pledged to give $50 for every mile I run. If I complete the marathon, that will be $1300. The company I work for will match my gift, so I'll be more than 25% of the way toward my goal of $10,000.

Please join me with a per mile pledge of any amount!
$20 per mile = $520
$10 per mile = $260
$5 per mile = $130
$1 per mile = $26

Be a lead sponsor: Everyone will be recognized for their gift, but if anyone pledges more than $1,000 (at least $40 per mile), I will put your name on my shirt and wear it proudly for the entire marathon.

I am training for the marathon with Benjamin Marcus, a parent at Oakland Hebrew Day School. Ben is also fundraising for OHDS. Together, Ben and I hope to strengthen the East Bay's Jewish day schools. Thank you for your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING NEWS: USC to Absorb HUC in LA?

This just in from "The God Blog." A source told Jewish Journal editor-in-chief Rob Eshman that the University of Southern California and Hebrew Union College-Jewish institute of Religion, which already share some faculty and facilities, are working on a deal to fold the L.A. campus into USC as a Jewish studies program. “Its a win win,“ the source said. “HUC gets a big chunk of money for what it owns—about a block of prime real estate by the USC campus—and USC gets to solidify a Jewish studies and outreach program that it has been building for some time now.“ Hebrew Union College in Los Angeles has been having big problems -- a consolidation of resources may present a novel and impactful solution. VERY INTERESTING.

Why Go to A Conference Anyways?

@lidja @lyndakelly61 @futureofmuseums @creativemerc @museum_flavor pLz look http://tinyurl.com/qxlja4 &here http://bit.ly/q1mhV assoc./conf. grpthink @RichardMcCoy @DanielCull very import.

A Year-end Letter Update from James and Family

Dear Friends and Family, On the brink of the new year on December 31, 2019 we stood at the foot of Kehinde Wiley's brand new monumental equestrian sculpture in downtown Richmond at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. There were a bunch of families gathered around taking pictures together. Emblematic of this entire year and entitled “ Rumors of War ,” the monument depicts an unarmed Black man in heroic pose atop a horse. The man’s sneakers are in the stirrups, looking back over their shoulder like Napoleon as they ride forward up a ridge . It was a strange harbinger of the year that was, and how it’s going. Kamala Harris will be named our vice president in a few weeks. In between, the apocalyptic has been commonplace; I mean, what a year. Emil started high school this fall. Graduation this past spring from Mark Day School was likely the year’s highlight. Karen is still at Mark Day. This fall they've been doing hybrid learning. It’s the first time Karen and Emil have not been goi