Sunday, May 11, 2008
HIGH HIRSHHORN MAGNES
READ THIS ARTICLE ABOUT THE HIRSHHORN.
check out the ad campaign/look-and-feel for the High.
The High Museum of Art, founded in 1905 as the Atlanta Art Association, is the leading art museum in the Southeastern United States. The High's first permanent home came in 1926 with the donation by Mrs. Joseph M. High of her family's residence on Peachtree Street.
The New High
The grand opening of the new High Museum of Art in November 2005 was an historic milestone not only for the Museum, but also the city of Atlanta and the Southeast. The renowned Italian architect Renzo Piano fashioned an architectural masterpiece in Midtown Atlanta.
Architects from the Genoa , Italy–based Renzo Piano Building Workshop, in collaboration with Atlanta-based Lord, Aeck & Sargent, Inc., designed three new buildings for the High: the Susan and John Wieland Pavilion, the Anne Cox Chambers Wing and the Administrative Center. The Wieland Pavilion will serve as the new main entrance to the Museum.
MAGNES can DO THIS! ...and, in fact, we are. Even if it is not the center of the universe or funded to the hilt. Keep your eyes on the prize. And check out the new web site this fall.